Cricut mats will eventually get dirty and lose their stickiness the more you use them. Mine has the added bonus of getting full of my hair and my dog’s hair LOL. I did some research and tested different ways to clean a Cricut mat. I ruined a couple in the process but found that what I have listed in the blog is the best way to clean your mat to keep in clean and sticky!
- Awesome Spray
- Paper Towel
- Buy some “Awesome” spray from your dollar tree.
- Spray your mat thoroughly and then leave it to sit for 1 minute. Don’t leave the spray on for more than a minute because it could strip away all the stickiness.
- Take the soft side of a sponge and rub gently in a circular motion around your mat to loosen all the junk on it. DO NOT use the rough side of the sponge. When I tested this side, the surface came off completely.
- Now rinse your mat under warm water, using the sponge again if needed.
- Take a paper towel and gently dab the mat, do not rub the mat with your paper towel. This can leave little white pieces of the tower on your mat.
- Let it sit on your counter for 5-15 minutes until it dries. The mat will most likely not feel sticky right away, don’t freak out! It will be very sticky again once it dries!