So this is the recipe I came up with after make 3 other ones and making a bunch of adjustments. I have also included how to make Gluten Free cookies in a high altitude. Make sure to come back though becasue I’m still experimenting and want to make these even better….if I can 🙂
1/2 cup butter (or 1 stick)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup gluten free flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk constantly until it starts to foam, then turn the heat off when it starts to brown. Immediately pour into a bowl so it can cool and will not burn.
- Add your milk, brown sugar and white sugar to the butter mixture and stir until combined. Then add the egg and vanilla, mix until creamy.
- Mix in dry ingredients, then add chocolate chips.
- Drop 1-2 tbsp size rounds onto your cookie sheet, press the top down slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
HIGH ALTITUDE VERSION:
- Bake at 375°F
- Remove 2 tbsp from brown sugar
- Use 2 tbsp milk instead of 1 tbsp