Hey there! I’ve never done one of these posts before, confession my mom thoughts lol. I decided to post this and make the video below because of a conversation I had with a friend who just had twins. Read her blog here. She had taken her twins to daycare for the first time. She didn’t cry and questioned that. The girl at the daycare said “I’m surprised your’re not crying, most mothers that drop their kids off at daycare for the first time are crying their eyes out “. This made my friend wonder if it was weird that she wasn’t crying, maybe even considering that she was a bad mom?
It make me kind of mad, no mom should be made to feel like their not a good parent or that their failing. Every mom is different, some cry and some don’t. Some are over protective, some aren’t, some baby their kids, some don’t and so on and so forth. We really need to support other moms, new moms especially. I have 3 kids and my oldest is 13, I have years of experience and have gained a lot of confidence as a mom. Sure I still have those days where I think I’m screwing up my kids but guess what? so does every other mom. You are no different. If you love your kids and do the best you can then you’re doing it right. Don’t worry about what anyone else does or says.
I was reading another blog, Scary Mommy and she gave examples of what other mothers go through and deal with everyday. I thought it was great!
- Other mothers yell at their kids sometimes.
- Other mothers can’t sleep because their guilt keeps them awake.
- Other mothers give their daughter cereal for dinner and call it good.
- Other mothers have homes with dirty bathrooms and sticky kitchen floors.
- Other mothers hide in the closet for just a moment’s peace.
- Other mothers can’t come up with fun things to do with their toddlers.
- Other mothers pray their son will go back to sleep when he wakes up at 5am.
- Other mothers are positive they’re screwing up their children.