I love making this for dinner because it’s fun to make, delicious and everyone loves it. This recipe is for a Chicken, Bacon, Broccoli and cheese pizza log. My boyfriend always makes his with pepperoni, ricotta cheese and mozzarella. You can make your own custom creation too!
1 can pizza crescent roll
1- 1 1/2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into small chunks
4-5 strips bacon
1 – 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup broccoli, steamed and chopped
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1 egg yolks
- Start by cutting the chicken, bacon and broccoli into very small bites. Then cook the chicken and bacon and steam the broccoli.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray olive oil on one large cookie sheet, or two small ones. You can also use a non-stick silicone cooking mat. Spread the pizza crescents dough lengthwise to form one long rectangle.
- Set a side about 1/2 cup of cheese, then in a large bowl, combine chicken, bacon, cheese, broccoli and mayonnaise.
- Spread mixture over the center of the croissant dough evenly to create a log. Use the remaining cheese and sprinkle it on top of your mixture.
- Start folding the dough to cover the ingredients. Start with the end and then fold the sides.
- Whip up the egg yolk into a small bowl and brush them evenly over the dough.
- Place in the oven for 18-25 minutes until golden brown. Checking it after 15 minutes because depending on how thin you spread the dough over the mixture it can cook faster.