This is my Version of Texas Caviar. I took 3 different recipes, made them, then tweaked them. This is what I think is a perfect combination. I’ve made this a few times and taken it to parties and everyone LOVES it.
Try it out and let me know what you think!
• 1 can of pinto beans, drained
• 1 can black-eyed peas, drained
• 1 can of shoepeg corn (white corn)
• 1 jalepeno pepper
• 1 Vadalia onion, chopped
• 1 small red onion (if you can’t find a small one, only use 1/2)
• 1 green pepper
• 1 red pepper
• 1 yellow pepper
• 1 orange pepper
• 1/4 cup oil
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1 cup sugar (you can use Splenda for less calories)
• 3/4 cup cider vinegar
1. Start by chopping up all of the peppers, onions, and jalepeno and place in a large bowl. NOTE: if you’re not a fan of jalepeno peppers then cut them up very small. These must be added to off set the sugary taste.
2. Add the pinto bean, black-eyed peas and showpeg corn to you pepper and onion mix.
3. Now add the oil, black pepper, sugar, and vinegar in a saucepan. Bring to boil to dissolve the sugar and then let cool.
4. Mix all the ingredients together and let sit in fridge overnight.