I have included written instructions with pictures, as well as a video:
- Create a slipknot. Then crochet 13 chain stitches. Chain 2 more stitches.
- Count down 3 loops from the edge and do a double crochet into the 3rd loop.
- Wrap the yarn around your hook once and pull through the first two loops. You should only see 2 loops left.
- Again, wrap the yarn around your hook and pull through the last two loops.
- You will continue steps 2-4 into the next 12 chains.
- Once you reach the end, chain 2 additional and then rotate your work. (you should always work from right to left)
- Repeat the double crochet stitch until you reach the desired length (typically 4-5 feet in length, or 48-60 inches.
- When you’re done, cut your yarn and pull it through the last loop and tighten.
- Use a crochet needle and hide the tail.