I have recently found that with my Pet Sitting business (www.pawsitivepetcare4u.com), I’ve been typing and sending the same type of emails over and over. I decided to do some research and found that gmail does actually offer signature templates. I didn’t know! this is amazing news. I spend a few minutes learning how to do this and I wanted to share this with all of you. Here are the steps, it’s a huge time saver!
It is called a Canned Response and here is how you set it up…..
Step 1: Enable the Canned Responses
- Click on the Settings icon – top right corner, and then choose “Settings.” Looks like this…
- Click on the “Labs” tab.
- Scroll down and choose “enable” next to “Canned Responses”
- Save Changes
Step 2: Now create a Canned Response
- Clock “Compose” to create a new email.
- You will not need to fill out To, From or Subject. Being typing the sentence or paragraph that you would like to use as a signature.
- Save this by clicking the down arrow on the bottom right corner of your New Message screen.
- Hover over “Canned Responses” then choose “New canned response…”
- Enter a name for this response so you’ll know what it is when you are ready to use it.
- If you are only setting these up for now, you can close and delete this message.
- Repeat these steps for additional signatures.
Step 3: Using one of your signatures
- Start by responding to someone else’s or composing a new one.
- Click the down arrow on the bottom right corner of your New Message screen.
- Hover over “Canned Responses” then choose the signature you want to use.
NOTE: When I first attempted this, I kept choosing the one at the bottom and it would ask if I wanted to delete it. I didn’t even notice there are 3 options, Insert, Save or Delete. They are in very light gray, make sure you choose the top one under “insert”