Maxwell Falls was a great hike to do with the family. It was easy enough for the kids to keep up and the dogs had little streams they could drink from and cool off in. There are a few different entrances to this one but we decided to do Lower Maxwell Falls. About half way through the hike we heard some people shouting and when I looked up I saw a huge rock formation with a few people standing at the top. I told my boyfriend that I wanted to make my way up there. There was a trail you could follow but Matt, the boyfriend decided we should do a short cut. We climbed up the side of this mountain, which was at a pretty steep angle and eventually made it up and OMG what a view. It was amazing and I would definitely recommend this hike to anyone.
- Hike Length: .8 to 4 miles
- Dogs Allowed: Yes, on leash.
- Good For Dogs: This is a good hike for dogs because there is access to little streams the trail for them to get a drink or cool off.
- Good For Kids: Yes, this hike is fairly easy and we saw a lot of other young children.
- Best Time To Go: May – October
- Water Access: Yes, streams and waterfall
- Cost: Free
Map & Driving Directions: