I purchased these grey heels at a thrift store for $3. I really liked them but felt like I had enough grey shoes and wanted something more colorful. I bought RIT dye, blue and soaked the shoes in the dye for about an hour. I then began to dress them up……
Double fold bias tape
1/2 inch ribbon
Steps for adding trip to the edge:
- Start gluing the bias tape on the side of your shoe, right where the curve it. This is where you will place your bow. I put the glue on the edge of the shoe instead of the bias tape, this made it easier to place. If the glue is put on too thick it will seep through.
- Make your way around the shoe , only working on a couple inches at a time.
- For the second shoe, make sure to start on the opposite side of the shoe so they will match. Repeat the same process.
Steps for adding the bow:
- Find out how big you want the bow loops to be and cut a piece of ribbon in the desired length.
- Cut a small piece of ribbon just long enough to go around the middle of the bow. Glue this around the first piece
- Now cut 3 pieces that are about the length of the bow you have started. for example, after completing the first two steps, if your bow is now approx 2″ in length, cut 3 2″ pieces.
- Now place one piece horizontal and the n glue the other two of them vertically on top. This will create the tails.
- Glue the two pieces together and you’re done!
- Add the bow to your show where the start and end pieces are from your trim.