7 Day Cleanse
I decided to do a 7 day cleanse because over the last couple weeks I have been eating a lot of junk food and fast food. I also go the stomach flu and was really sick for a few days. I wanted to clean my system out and have a fresh start. This week was very hard but I did it! I think it was worth all the struggle but if you plan on doing this come into it with a lot of determination or you may not succeed.
During the first seven days you must abstain from all alcohol. You must drink 8-10 glasses of water each day.
Day One All fruits except bananas. Y our first day will consist of all the fruits you want. It is strongly suggested that you consume lots of melons the first day. Especially watermelon and a loupe. If you limit your fruit consumption to melons, your chances of losing three lbs. on first day are very good.
- This day was pretty easy, a good start to the day. Since there is a lot of water in fruits and especially melons you’ll notice you are visiting the bathroom often. This day I peed 17 times (TMI…I know!)
Day Two All vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the amount or type. For your complex carbohydrate, you will start day two with a large baked potato for breakfast. You may top the potato with one pat of butter. Vegetables as may be taken in the form of a salad if desired. No dressing except malt, white or wine vinegar, squeezed lemon, garlic, herbs. No more than one tea spoon of oil.
- Veggie day was a little harder because I was starting to get hunger pains from going on 24 hours of this new diet. I feel like by the end of the day this is where some will quit and others will go on. I was really happy to get a baked potato, it practically made my day.
Day Three A mixture of fruits and vegetables of your choice. Any amount, any quantity. No bananas yet. No potatoes today.
- I was excited to have more options today, I was able to make a shake (shown on right) with a mix of veggies and fruit. By the end of today, I was CRAVING meat. I was surprised but I have not craved anything sweet or any type of junk food. All I want is meat. lol
Day Four Bananas and milk. Today you will eat as many as eight bananas and drink three glasses of skim milk. This will be combined with the special soup which may be eaten in limited quantities.
- This is the day I’ve been dreading. I was able to make a banana & milk shake so that made it easier to eat. I haven’t drank regular milk in 2 years so I substituted skim milk for Almond Milk. This day worries me, all those bananas may not be good for body productivity…if you know what I mean.
Day Five Today is feast day. You will eat chicken or turkey and tomatoes. Eat two 10 oz. portions of lean chicken or turkey. Combine this with six whole tomatoes. On day five you must increase your water intake by one quart. This is to cleanse your system of the uric acid you will be producing.
- All I kept thinking is thank the lord, I get meat. I was so excited at the start of the day but this ended up being my worst day. To only eat chicken and tomatoes…yuck! I had to make a shake to eat the last 4 tomatoes (shown on left) just to get them all into my body.
Day Six Chicken and vegetables. Today you may eat an unlimited amount of chicken and vegetables. Eat to your hearts content.
- This was a fairly easy day but by day 6, I am so ready to be done with this diet it’s not even funny. I noticed I was watching the clock more today and waiting for the 7th day so this could be over. It’s been very hard restricting myself to only these foods.
Day Seven Today your food intake will consist of brown rice, fruit juices and all the vegetables you care to consume.
- I made the GM miracle soup and ate that for breakfast, half way through the day I felt very weak and had very low energy. I was getting signals from my body that I did not want to ignore. I stopped the diet half way through this day to eat a bagel. I was disappointing that I was not able to finish the 7th day but ultimate I wanted to listen to my body and not push it anymore. Even with that said, I do not regret doing this diet. I think it was good to flush my system and only eat pure healthy food for a week. I would recommend this to my friends and family.
Tomorrow morning you will be 10-17 lbs. lighter than one week ago. If you desire further weight loss, repeat the program again. You may repeat this program as often as you like, however, it is suggested that you are allowed two glasses of white wine in addition to the instructions on the program. You may substitute champagne for white wine. Under no circumstances are you to drink any other alcoholic beverages with the exception of beer which is allowed. Any liquor (bourbon,vodka, rum) is forbidden. Cream drinks are especially forbidden. You may have an occasional cordial such as creme de menthe or schnapps, but you must always limit yourself to two drinks. If you wine, drink only wine that day. If you have beer, drink only beer that day, etc. Alcohol adds empty calories to your diet. However, after the first week it will help your digestion and settle your stomach.
G.M.’S Wonder Soup
The following soup is intended as a supplement to your diet. It can be eaten any time of the day in virtually unlimited quantities. You are encouraged to consume large quantities of this soup.
28 oz, Water, 2 Large Onions, 1 Green Peppers, 2 Tomatoes (fresh or canned), 1 Head Cabbage, 1 Bunch Celery, 2 Envelopes Lipton Onion Soup Mix, Herbs and Flavoring as desired.
You have been given a recipe for the WONDER SOUP which can be eaten in unlimited quantities. This soup is a supplement while you are on the program and it should be a pleasure to eat. Not everyone likes cabbage, green peppers, calory etc. This recipe is not inflexible. You may substitute vegetables according to your taste. You may add any vegetables you like: asparagus, peas, corn, turnips, green beans, cauliflower, etc. Try to stay away from beans (lima, pinto, kidney, etc.), however, because they tend to be high in calories even though they are very good for you.
Beverages you may consume while on the program :
- Water (flavoured with lemon/lime if desired).
- Club Soda is OK.
- Black Coffee. No cream or cream substitute. No sugar or sweetness.
- Black Tea = Herb or Leaf.
- Absolutely nothing else except the fruit juices which are part of day seven. No fruit juices before day seven.
How and Why It Works
Day One you are preparing your system for the upcoming programme. Your only source of nutrition is fresh or canned fruits. Fruits are nature’s perfect food. They provide everything you could possibly want to sustain life except total balance and variety.
Day Two starts with a fix of complex carbo-hydrates coupled with an oil dose. This is taken in the morning for energy and balance. The rest of day two consists of vegetables which are virtually calorie free and provide essential nutrients and fibre.
Day Three eliminates the potato because you get your carbohydrates from the fruits. You system is now prepared to start burning excess pounds. You will still have cravings which should start to diminish by day four.
Day Four, bananas, milk and soup sound the strangest and least desirable. You’re in for a surprise. You probably will not eat all the bananas allowed. But they are there for the potassium you have lost and the sodium you may have missed the past three days. You will notice a definite loss of desire for sweets. You will be surprised how easy this day will go.
Day Five, Beef and tomatoes. The beef is for iron and proteins, the tomatoes are for digestion and fibre. Lots and lots of water purifies your system. You should notice colourless urine today. Your allowance calls for the equivalent of five “quarter ponders”. Do not feel you have to eat all this beef. You must eat the six tomatoes.
Day Six is similar to day five, Iron and proteins from beef, Vitamins and fibre from vegetables. By now your system is in a total weight loss inclination. There should be a noticeable difference in the way you look today, compared to day one.
Day Seven finished off the program like a good cigar used to finish off Victorian meals, except much healthier. You have your system under control and it should thank you for the flushing and cleaning you just gave it.
- The following diet and health program was developed for employees and dependents of General Motors, Inc. and is intended for their exclusive use. This program was developed in conjunction with a grant from U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration. It was field tested at the Johns Hopkins Research Center and was approved for distribution by the Board of Directors, General Motors Corp. at a general meeting on August 15, 1985. General Motors Corp. wholly endorses this program and is making it available to all employees and families. This program will be available at all General Motors Food Service Facilities. It is management’s intention to facilitate a wellness and fitness program for everyone.
- This program is designed for a target weight loss of 10-17 lbs per week. It will also improve your attitudes and emotions because of its cleansing systematic effects.
- The effectiveness of this seven day plan is that the food eaten burn more calories than they give to the body in caloric value.
- This plan can be used as often as you like without any fear of complications. It is designed to flush your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well being. After seven days you will begin to feel lighter because you will be lighter by at least 10 lbs. You will have an abundance of energy and an improved disposition.