2 cans of black beans
2 cans of dark red kidney beans
1lbs grass fed ground beef or ground turkey
24oz corn (canned or frozen)
2 cups diced tomatoes
1 cup green pepper
24 oz of tomato sauce
2 tbsp chili powder
Cayenne pepper. Add to your taste
1 1/2 cups water
- Pour the dark red kidney beans and the black kidney beans into your slow cooker. Add the corn.
- Cook the ground beef or turkey about 1/2 way through in a pan. Then add the chili powder, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Now that the crock pot should be warm, add the meat into the crock pot.
- Add in the green pepper and diced tomatoes. (my boyfriend hates green pepper so I cut 1 green pepper into 4 pieces and put that into the chili so you still get all the flavors. Then when I go to dish out my chili I just cut up one of the pieces and add it to my bowl)
- Add your tomato sauce and water. ( it might seem soupy but once it cools down, it gets really thick)
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.