9 lasagna noodles
1 lbs lean ground beef
2 (24 ounce) jar tomato sauce (I use plain tomato sauce and add my own ingredients listed below)
24 ounces cottage cheese
1-2lbs shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
For Tomato Sauce:
1 tbsp dried parsley
1/2 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef with the onions. Drain out the fat and add the spaghetti sauce. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the parsley, oregano, garlic powder, brown sugar, salt and black pepper to the tomato sauce.
- Cook the lasagna noodles half way through in boiling water.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, 3/4 of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, half of the grated Parmesan cheese and parsley
- In the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish evenly spread 3/4 cup sauce mixture
- Cover with 3 partially cooked lasagna noodles
- Then add 3/4 cup of the cheese mixture
- Add 1/2 cup sauce mixture
- Repeat layers twice
- Top with 3 noodles, remaining sauce, remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F(175 degrees C) oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.