1-2 Boxes of Ziti Pasta
1 Package of Feta and Spinach Chicken Sausage
(2) Cans of Tomato Sauce 28oz
1 Cup Chopped Onion OR 1/2 cup of Dried Onion Flakes
1 Tablespoon Dried Basil
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
1 1/2 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt & Pepper
1 Tablespoon Butter or Olive Oil
- 1. Add hot water to a pot and begin to boil
- 2. While you’re waiting for the water to boil, chop up the chicken sausage into links and add them to a pan at Medium Heat. Add water to the meat and cover to cook.
- Now get another pot and start cooking your spaghetti sauce.
(NOTE: I like to cook all three simultaneously. They take about the same amount of time to cook so you will finish them all at once)
- Add your two cans of tomato sauce. Then add the onion flakes, basil, garlic powder, oregano, brown sugar and salt & pepper. Let this simmer, stirring occasionally.
- By now the water should be boiling, so add your Ziti. Add a teaspoon of salt to keep the flavor of the noodles.
(at this point some people like to make garlic bread as well, so get the oven hot and put in your garlic bread)
- For the next 10 minutes, stir and check on everything occasionally.
- Once your sausage is finished, cut them up into small pieces and add them to the sauce.
- While the meat is getting really nice and juicy in your sauce, drain the noodles. Add butter or olive oil to the Ziti to keep them from sticking.
- Grab a plate or bowl, add some Parmesan cheese if you like it and and enjoy!