1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup frozen green peas
1 cup frozen corn
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
2/3 cup milk
2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and corn. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes.
- In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Stir in flour, salt, pepper. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until pastry is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.