I’m so excited because we just found out that we will be going to Cancun this summer and I’ve been doing a lot of research on what to bring. This is some of what I found…..
What to Bring when you’re going to Cancun, Mexico
– Sunscreen :You wouldn’t believe how many people we’ve seen with severely burnt feet, ears, or scalps. Parks like Xel-Ha, Xplor and Xcaret do not allow regular sunscreen…… it forms an oil slick on the water, so you will need some eco-safe lotion.
– Solarcaine or Aloe Vera for sunburns
– Immodium, Pepto Bismol, and Gravol (just in case)
– Ibuprophen, Aspirin (hangovers)
– Tripple Antibiotic (in case you knick yourself on underwater rocks/coral)
– Mosquito repellent if you plan to do any jungle activities or visit the ruins at Coba
– Normal toiletries- Toothpaste, tooth brush, shampoo, deodorant.
– No need to bring a hairdryer, they will have one in the room
– Camera, extra film and/or sufficient memory card(s), battery charger
– Underwater camera if you plan on snorkeling. Your resort will have them but they will charge a fortune.
– Bathing suits (1 or 2)
– Sarong (women)
– No need to bring beach towels to a resort, they will lend them to you
– Hat (if you’re a hat person)
– ATM card
– Credit card
– A watch/small travel clock (you may find your resort doesn’t have a proper clock in the room)
– A book to read
– MP3/CD player
– A pen for filling out all the forms at the airport
– Pack bathing suits, lotion, and other beachwear at the top in your luggage so you can access them in case you arrive at the resort before regular check-in time
-Basic Emergency Kit: Band-aids, antibiotic ointment, tweezers, Tylenol, anti-bacterial wipes.
-Large Ziploc bags are great for dirty clothes or wet suits. I also use them for make up or whatever else I don’t want sand in.