I still feel like I’m 17 sometimes and I am told a lot that I still look young. What do you think?
Today is my birthday and I am 27…..ahhh 27! Almost on a daily basis I’m told that I don’t look 27, that I don’t look old enough to have three kids and that I don’t look old enough to drink either…lol It’s a huge complement to me because I do work very hard at being healthy on a daily basis. What I want to teach my children is that it is so so so important to take care of yourself now so that when you are 30, 40, or 50 you will actually look a lot younger than what you are and you don’t need plastic surgery to do it. All you have to do is live a healthy lifestyle. This is what I do to keep myself looking young.
1. MOST IMPORTANT…I put face cream on twice a day, at night and in the morning and the one I wear in the morning has 15 spf in it. I started doing this when I was 18 years old and it’s made a huge difference.
2. I stay out of the sun if I can, I wear sunscreen everyday on any part of my body that is showing. You wouldn’t believe how fast the sun with dry up and wrinkle your skin.
3. I don’t smoke and only drink once and a while
4. I eat a lot of healthy food, not all the time but most of the time. You can eat the same things but some switch up some things like I love chocolate but now I eat 72% dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. I drink 1% milk instead of 2%, things like that. Take out some of the sugar, salt and fat out of your foods and it will allow you to still eat some junk once and a while.
5. Exercise, I don’t do this a lot either but just enough to keep me fit and not become overweight or lazy. I’ll walk from store to store even if it’s far away instead of getting in the car and driving a block or two.
6. I try to have fun, if you think young and act young you will come across more young looking. So many people are so stressed out and are so grouchy that they don’t have fun, they don’t want to act silly cause they are afraid of what people will think. I make an ass out of myself all the time and who cares, I’m having fun.